February 23, 2013

Stacking the Shevles (12)

"Stacking the Shelves" is a weekly feature hosted by Tynga's Reviews
I, once again, did not buy very much this past week. It's really this whole abroad thing. I don't have space to schlep lots of books home and I'm not all that interested in e-books. Unless they're on sale. And the book in question isn't one I would normally buy full price in print anyway. So here are the few on sale e-books I bought this past week!


1. Destroy Me by Tahereh Mafi
I just started Shatter Me yesterday and I'm already 200 pages in. Imma need to read this one SOON.

2. Violins of Autumn by Amy McAuley
I love historical fiction. And, don't take this the wrong way, I love WWII. As in, I find it to be a really fascinating topic. I don't know as much about the British side of things (I know A LOT about the Holocaust, to be sure), but I'm always game to read any book set in this era.

3. Dirty Little Secrets by C.J. Omololu
HOARDERS? I want to read this please. And then I'll pass it to my friend who loves that TLC show.

The title alone reminds me of The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants. I don't think I actually finished that series, but I did enjoy what I read, so I'm exciiiited.

THE WEEK IN REVIEW




On Wednesday I told you guys how excited I am for Born of Illusion by Teri Brown to come out.

Thursday I said goodbye to The Goddess Test series by reviewing The Goddess Inheritance by Aimee Carter.

And then on Friday, I cried about how complicated genres have become. There are many gifs involved.

That's it for my week. How did yours go? Let me know in the comments below!

19 comments:

  1. Dirty Little Secrets sounds like a song title xD And International Kissing Club sounds fun!
    Here's my STS post:
    http://pansycakereader.blogspot.com/2013/02/stacking-shelves-3.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They DO sound fun, don't they? :)

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Havent read Shatter Me yet, but I want to, soon :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. You got some great gems this week. Unravel Me was awesome. Great haul of books.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm mid-Unravel Me and I'm DYING. It's so amazing.

      Thanks for stopping by, Grace! :)

      Delete
  4. Great books. Loved Shatter Me but haven't gotten to Destroy Me yet. Enjoy your reads.

    Kate @ The Book Monsters

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. RIGHT? Shatter Me is so good. You should definitely get into Destroy Me and Unravel Me. They're both amazing.

      Thanks for stopping by Kate! :)

      Delete
  5. Okay wow! Violins of Autumn sounds fantastic. I really can't wait to read that one. I haven't read Shatter Me, but I've heard mostly good things. Thanks for sharing and enjoy your haul.

    My Book haul is here

    ~Danica Page@Taking it One Page at a Time

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES read Shatter Me! Only one person I know isn't so into it, but everyone else, INCLUDING ME, is all over it.

      Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  6. I loved Unravel Me and Shatter Me, but I still need to read Destroy Me. It looks so amazing! Enjoy your books :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh man! Definitely read Destroy Me. It's the perfect addition.

      Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  7. The International Kissing Club sounds so good! I hope you enjoy all the books you got this week. Happy reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does sound really cute, doesn't it? I can't wait to read it.

      Thanks for stopping by and happy reading to you too! :)

      Delete
  8. I absolute LOVED Destroy Me! Dirty Little Secrets has been on my to-read for way too long!

    Here's Mine @ Pinkindle Reads & Reviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dirty Little Secrets sounds so creepy and amazing, doesn't it? And I loved Destroy Me too!

      Thanks for stopping by Angie! :)

      Delete
  9. DEFINITELY take the time to dig it out on the Kindle. So worth it, even if I'm not always such a big fan of these novellas.

    Thanks for stopping by MaryAnn! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Okay, I laughed out loud at the "don't take this the wrong way, I love WWII" because I LOVE books about WWII/Holocaust but never know how to say that without making it sound like I love the events themselves. Like, no y'all, I just like reading about them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like LEARNING about the events and I like reading historical fiction about the time. It's hard to find the right way to express that, though. I went to Poland in senior year of high school on a school trip. When I got back people asked me how it was and I was like: "Fun! No. Uhm. Er. Wait. Scratch that - it was educational?" I don't know. How do you even talk about that stuff?

      Delete

Hey there! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog. I would love to hear your thoughts, so please leave a comment. Also, if you have a blog, be sure to leave a link so I can go check it out!