August 27, 2013

Bout of Books 8.0: Wrap Up


The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, August 19th and runs through Sunday, August 25th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure, and the only reading competition is between you and your usual number of books read in a week. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 8.0 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. - From the Bout of Books team

 So Bout of Books 8.0 is OVER and now I have to wait until January until the next one. Which is saddening. But I guess I should tell you all how I did with my goals this time around.

MY GOALS:

THE RESULTS

As always, I was really close to completing my goals and yet I failed. I had a really good time, though. I also worked on watching less TV and doing more reading instead. It was an interesting exercise. I will say, though, that I'd like to never mess up my Twitter chat goal again. I feel okay missing on the other two, but I do like the communal, conversational aspect of Bout of Books and I'm a little pouty that I failed on that one. I might just have to plan my schedule a bit better next time around. 

Anyway, thanks again to Amanda and Kelly. You ladies are the best. Really. I can't wait for my fourth Bout of Books!

To read my original goals post, click HERE.
To read my progress report post, click HERE.

Did you participate this time around? Did you have FUN if you did? If not, don't worry, the next Bout of Books 9.0 is in January. Let me know if you'll be participating in the comments below!

4 comments:

  1. You still did really good, Gaby! I wouldn't say that you failed! I mean, 6 books is great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Six books is awesome! I always seem to list my TBR pile then totally fail when it comes to actually reading books from the pile, haha. It's a shame you missed out on the twitter chats, but there's always the next time around! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dearest Gaby,

    I apologize for being the worst friend in the world and not commenting on your blog for aaaaaages even though I did read your posts. This makes me a terrible, terrible person, and you're welcome to point this out to me when we meet in October. (WHEN. WE. MEET. EEEEEEEEEEEEP!) I am now taking this moment to make up for my lack of comments. Prepare. Beware.

    <3

    ps. Oh, I should probably talk about the post, right? DUDE. You did amazing! I only read two books during Bout of Books, but I do blame that to being sick. WHAT did you think of Anna and the French Kiss?! All the adorbs, right? Also, HOW WAS CRESS? I think it was fabulous but I want to talk about it mooooarrr.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Six books is awesome! I know for a fact that Fangirl is amazing, and it sounds like you read some other really good books too, so maybe it was better not to choose from your list? Congratulations anyway!

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog. I would love to hear your thoughts, so please leave a comment. Also, if you have a blog, be sure to leave a link so I can go check it out!