August 29, 2013

What Should I Buy? (2)


GUESS WHAT? It's WHAT SHOULD I BUY time!

I started this feature a couple of weeks ago to help me figure out what to do with the Barnes & Noble coupons I get all the time. I figured setting up a vote would A) allow you guys have a say in what I read and B) alleviate some of the pressure of picking a book to spend my coupon on. I know I don't NEED a new book, but, hey, I really can't pass 15% off on top of the 10% off I get for being a member. Also, I'm addicted to buying books.

So. Come. Help me feed my addiction.

Oh, and PLEASE, remember, I'm looking for a vote that has a little more than just the title of the book and a "THIS WAS REALLY GOOD." Pitch it to me, a little. WHY should I read this book? WHY do you think I would like it? All help is useful. ALL HELP.

And I could use ALL OF THE HELP by SEPTEMBER 2ND (AKA when my coupon expires)

Okay. Over to you awesome people.

1. Pretty Girl-13 by Liz Coley
Why I want to read this book: This book sounds super creepy. I also like a good mystery. And then there's the based on the true story situation, which I like a lot. I don't know why, but the Elizabeth Smart story always freaked me out as a kid.

2. Wanderlove by Kirsten Hubbard
Why I want to read this book: I always have wanderlust (except for like a week after I get back from a trip). It's kind of a disaster, since I can't always travel, so I try to read books that either fulfill my wanderlust impulses or maybe convince me that staying at home and dealing with my life here is a good idea (because let's face it, part of my life of travel is the being away from here part).

***I went to The Strand the other day, found a cheap copy of Wanderlove and couldn't keep myself from buying it. I know this messes up the voting a little but so many of you voted for more than one book so far, so I think it'll be okay.***

3. The Sky is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson
Why I want to read this book: I feel like this is going to be the book everyone votes for. I'm a little nervous for that to happen, even though I know it's a REALLY feelsy book (which I love). Maybe it's because of the hype. Or maybe it's because the summary makes it sound like there's going to be a love triangle. I don't know. So help me be unafraid of this book if you vote for it please!


4. Let the Sky Fall by Shannon Messenger
Why I want to read this book: May I just say: TORNADOES. I don't know why I find stories with tornadoes fascinating but movies, books, shows... I don't know. I'm just intrigued. That being said, I really like natural disaster stories in general, but tornadoes are my favorite. I know. I'm the worst.

5. Past Perfect by Leila Sales
Why I want to read this book: I read This Song Will Save Your Life recently and really loved it. Also, the cover is super cute. ALSO ALSO, the summary sounds quirky and awesome. I mean, the setting is a historical colonial village. Different, quirky sounding things really are my favorite.

6. My Super Sweet Sixteenth Century by Rachel Harris
Why I want to read this book: Time travel? WHERE. CAN I HAZ IT? No, actually, I feel like this book is the dark horse of the vote. But I'm curious about the time travel aspect. And the emphasis but on CONTRABAND FUTURE STUFF in the summary. I always felt that should have been addressed on Doctor Who. Alas. Perhaps this book can fill the hole for me.
NOW I NEED YOUR HELP. PLEASE let me know which book you think I should buy with my coupon (and why) in the comments below! All input is GREATLY APPRECIATED. 

17 comments:

  1. Let The Sky Fall or The Sky is Everywhere. Something with sky in the title, clearly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WANDERLOVE! I've only read this and Past Perfect of your options but it is so so good. I just bought a copy myself since my ARC is long gone and it is just as good the second time around.

    I have heard great things about The Sky is Everywhere, though. So if you're not in the mood for backpacking through Central/South America, I'd pick this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I stopped reading at Wanderlove. BUY IT NOW. It is so so so so so good. You need to read it ASAP. It's in my top 10 YA of all time.

    The Sky is Everywhere is good too, but really. Buy Wanderlove. It's the only option.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd probably go with Pretty Girl 13(super duper creepy) or Wanderlove. Didn't really like Let the Sky Fall.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have GOT to get Wanderlove. That book changed my life. It. Is. Amazing. Seriously.

    - Jana @ thatartsyreadergirl.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't read most of those books but I can tell you that Let the Sky Fall was really bland.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a really hard time choosing which one I'd recommend the most: Pretty Girl 13, Past Perfect or My Super Sweet Sixteenth Century.
    -Pretty Girl 13: it is so creepy and heartbreaking and it shows how much the mind can do to try and protect itself. It's really intense, I still remember so many of the details of that book.
    -Past Perfect: this book was so cute! If you love books about a girl who tries to navigate her summer working at a historical re-enactment village while struggling with boys and friendships and everything, you should read this book. It will definitely put a smile on your face.
    -My Super Sweet Sixteenth Century: SO, SO CUTE! You should read it if you love time-travel YA romance with a mix of real-time problems. Also: the sequel was released last week or so, so you can read it straight after ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wanderlove. My favorite contemporary of ALL TIMMMMEEEE. I agree with the person above who said it changed their life.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Weeeeeird, I responded to this earlier and my comment has disapparated. ANYWHO-- I haven't read any of these, BUT people keep telling me to read Wanderlove, so my vote goes there.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't read any of these BUT I think you should buy Pretty Girl 13 because I just bought it and then we have bought it together which is pretty awesome, y'know? I've also heard AMAZING things about The Sky is Everywhere and Wanderlove though. So... good luck lol.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The Sky Is Everywhere or Wanderlove.

    Just not Let the Sky Fall, bc I have heard scary things. Past Perfect was totally a library read for me as well.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think Wanderlove. It's so great, and then second place would be Past Perfect because Rachel spoke so highly of it & I loved This Song Will Save Your Life.

    Happy shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've only read Wanderlove but it's AMAZING so I really think you should get it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Let the Sky Fall because I lurrrv the cover. :) and well, Slated. Oh wait, you finally read it! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I haven't read The Sky is Everywhere and I want you to read it so I can know if I HAVE to read it. AKA I trust yo' opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I say The Sky is Everywhere or Past Perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog. I would love to hear your thoughts, so please leave a comment. Also, if you have a blog, be sure to leave a link so I can go check it out!