September 20, 2013

What is Happening?

Fact: I don't like coffee. I just like saying Coffee Clutch in my best and deepest New York accent. Considering I'm a New Yorker, I'm pretty freaking good at it. So I've got my tea and I hope you have your heated beverage of choice, because it's time to gab the day away.

Sometimes I feel like there's stuff going on out there on the Great Wide Interwebz that I am just not aware of.

Sometimes this is bad.


Example: Occasionally I'll miss out on book hype. Or a really good book. I know if I was better at keeping up with my catalogue/blog/Goodreads creeping I wouldn't have this problem, but sometimes I'm really lazy and there's nothing anyone can do about it. Even me. Because the compulsion to be lazy is just too strong.


However, sometimes being out of the loop is good.

Example: When there is blogger/author/reader/Goodreads drama. I know it happens a lot and sometimes I'll see some of it on Twitter, but a lot of the time I have NO FREAKING IDEA what's going on.



All of this, both good and bad, is kind of annoying because I like knowing what's going on. I used to always know what was happening with all my friends at any given time. But recently that's slowed. Am I more selfish/lazy? Do I care less? Is there more for me to keep tabs on? It really could be that the Interwebz/pool of bloggers is JUST TOO HUGE.


I guess I'm okay with all of that. But, um, guys, I kindly request that if anything on the Great Wide Interwebz involves me and I don't know about it that you TELL ME. I might not be able to know EVERYTHING all the time anymore the way I used to keep tabs in high school and college (I really did know EVERYTHING in high school and college), but I would like to be able to keep tabs on my own affairs now...

Do you ever feel like you're missing something? Is this what getting old feels like? Tell me about your fears and concerns in the comments below!

5 comments:

  1. Yes to that last sentiment! I really hope that if any drama goes down involving me, blogger friends will be nice and email me since otherwise it is ENTIRELY possible I will be confused and sad D:

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the same problem! As I was reading this, I was agreeing with everything you said. It sucks not being in the loop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the same 'problem' sometimes, but I don't mind that I miss most of the drama things. I look on twitter, I try to follow it and then I stay away from it. I'm really not in the mood for such things and I don't want to get involved.

    Mel@thedailyprophecy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm the exact same. Apparently something happened on Goodreads this week? I wouldn't know because I miss drama when it happens every time, not that I really mind. I'm sure there has been tons of things that I'm blissfully unaware of :)

    Bt I'd love for someone to tell me if I was ever somehow involved because I wouldn't know.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just happened to hear about the Goodreads review policy drama because I was on Twitter, procrastinating from doing schoolwork while the little one was napping. But as a new mom, I'm almost never online hearing about all the gossip/stuff/drama ... and you know what? I think I kind of prefer it that way. I can just write a post, check into Twitter now and then to say hi, and that's about it.

    Besides, being online on Friday resulted in me signing up for BookLikes and I seriously don't have time to set up all my shelves all over again! Think of all the reading time I missed out on. Actually, that's the motto of this rather lengthy comment: less time being aware of drama = more time for reading! :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog. I would love to hear your thoughts, so please leave a comment. Also, if you have a blog, be sure to leave a link so I can go check it out!