December 8, 2013

Veronica Mars Watch-Along Week 29

[Graphic designed by the lovely Judith of Paper Riot]
So, how does this work, super sleuths? Go check out the Watch-Along kick off post for the skinny. I'll give you a second just in case...

All caught up? Good.

In case you already know the basics and just forgot what episodes are up today, here's the list:
  • "Poughkeepsie, Tramps and Thieves"
  • "There's Got to Be a Morning After Pill"
And for NEXT WEEK:
  • "Postgame Mortem"
  • "Mars Bars"

Ready for the good stuff? AND GO.

"POUGHKEEPSIE, TRAMPS AND THIEVES"
So Weevil drops in and tells Veronica someone egged the Dean's office the night of his death. Interesting, I suppose. Keith is also getting the file form the Sheriff's office. Things are getting serious.


Cheating-on-Exams guy is back and he need's V's help. I'm not super interested. Especially because: Whoa, melodrama save it for the soap opera. I mean, you're in love with this girl who you know nothing about and somehow know is getting married and want to stop her? What. Even. And then this whole thing boils down to the fact that this guy's roommates hired a prostitute to get him laid. Totally awful. But the worst part is the Cheating-on-Exams guy still wants to find this girl. He wants to find a prostitute.

So Veronica finds this prostitute and she's actually into Max? I don't even know what's happening right now.


Why is Madison Sinclair in Logan's penthouse? *eyes suspiciously*


Keith is dressing up as a cop to ask the Lillith House girls about the night they egged the Dean's office. I like it. It's just unfortunate that he doesn't get anywhere with his ruse. 

So Max wants to make this hooker disappear and then there's another hooker who shows up bruised and whatever because a pimp beats her up. Both girls then have to go back to the pimp with the money. But then there's make up on the towel the prostitute used to ice her eye on it's clear that Max got screwed. I'm not totally shocked.

This little intimate moment between Logan and Veronica is so cute I almost can't stand it. Veronica's kind of worst for insisting on this tell-all secrets game, but I guess she maybe has a point. Except when I get the feeling that Logan fooled around with Madison Sinclair and I can't handle that at all, at all. 


Wendy's pimp is crazy. Definitely someone Veronica can't get one over on. Which is nice to see, y'know? She's not all-powerful. But even though Max buys Wendy out of prostitution, she leaves him. It makes sense, though, because she'll always be seen as a prostitute in Neptune.

Aaaaaand Logan did hook up with Madison. Just as I suspected. This is so not going to end well for anyone.

BRING ON THE SNARK
Veronica: "I come home after a hard day at work, and there you are, lounging with your bonbons and yourHarper's Bazaar. There better be some freshly pressed shirts in my closet, or so help me."

Veronica: "Amuse me, damn it. Amuse me now."

Keith: "Will you be home for dinner?"
Veronica: "No, I'm meeting two hookers over at Logan's later."
Keith: "On a school night?"
Veronica: "Off-peak hours. Save a few bucks."
Keith: "You're not really."
Veronica: "Fiona and Lizette. They're just a couple of gals putting themselves through college. Man, quit bringing me down with your bourgeois hang-ups."

"THERE'S GOT TO BE A MORNING AFTER PILL"
Okay, so this episode is clearly going to start with Logan and Veronica breaking up again because Veronica can't stop seeing Logan and Madison having sex together. Why is this something I have to go through again?


Tim's gross girlfriend, Bonnie, got pregnant and then someone slipped her a pill that caused her to miscarry so not she wants Veronica to figure this out for her. Which is definitely a mystery I'm interested in but at the same time I don't really like Tim's girlfriend. So. I'm conflicted.

Ugh. Logan. Veronica. Slay me. Immediately.

Veronica confronts Dick about Bonnie's predicament and then tells him Logan slept with Madison. I mean, really, Veronica. *sigh* Anyway, Bonnie's dad is this religious fanatic and that sounds great. 

So Veronica sneaks into Tim's office for sleuthing, then she stalks Madison to... figure out how to mess with her? Who even knows what's going on here. But then Veronica sneaks into Tim's office again, this time with the password to his computer. And finds out he's investigating the Dean's death. 


Okay. Now Veronica's talking to the preacher father to see what's up with him re: this forced abortion. He didn't do it, but now we're in the clinic where the forced abortion drug was procured. But that was a bust too - except the fact that we now know the offender is female because the clinic doesn't give males the drug to take out of the clinic.

Veronica's having Weevil cube Madison's car. I love it.

Who took these pictures of Veronica walking out of the clinic? Leaving those pictures in the Mars mailbox for Keith to find was absolutely terrible. But what happens next, with going to the clinic and getting access to those pictures, is pretty clever - until it backfires. 

So someone's in the O'Dell house, freaking out Mrs. O'Dell. She calls Keith because he's closer, which makes sense. But then it's Mrs. O'Dell's skeezy ex and oh well. Unexciting. But then we find egg on the Dean's car even though he supposedly had the mini-van with him that night. 

Logan gets drunk and calls Veronica's phone. No answer, Logan leaves a voicemail. It starts super angry but then it's all SAD BOY YOU ARE SO SAD I AM CRYING. And Veronica doesn't even listen to all of it. So what can you do.


Um. Bonnie's ROOMMATE slipped her the abortion drug. BANANAS. B-A-N-A-N-A-S.

So I like that Veronica didn't let anger get the best of her and cube Madison's car, but I still would have loved to see that car get crushed. And I'm still sad about Logan. Just put me out of my misery.

BRING ON THE SNARK:
Veronica: "Have you seen my copy of Either/Or?"
Keith: "No, but I've got an old issue of Buts you can have."

I feel like we're really flying through the end here. Anyone else feel that way too? Anyone just want it to end already because Logan and Veronica are done AGAIN? Let me know in the comments below!